Ahhh…the beautiful look of the late 70′s Sansui receivers. The warm golden glow from the dial and meter lights and the smorgasbord of buttons, knobs, and switches below. It’s a stereo lovers delight. The best Sansui I ever had was the G-8000. Here we have the Sansui G-9000. There was also a G-9000DB with only a minor difference that I’ll get into in a moment. The G-9000 put out a massive 160 watts per channel and it was one of the more popular choices for military men overseas in the 70′s. It retailed for around $1000.00 but was discounted at some of the miltary exchanges. It is known for good clean power and you’ll be hard pressed to find any G-9000 owner that does not love the unit.EQUIPMENT, WRITERS and REVIEWERS and tagged External reviewers, Reviews, Sansui on .
- The Who – Live At Hull (2CD) Released November 19th
- “The question we as an industry should be asking ourselves is, how do we fit in? “
- “When a scientist wants to declare something as a fact, here’s the process they go through: observe, theorize, measure, repeat.”
- Richard Thompson: News #4
- Just because you can’t measure something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
- Richard Thompson: News #3
- Nick Drake – Pink Moon (Audiophile Virgin Vinyl in Gatefold Sleeve
- “It’s fundamentally changing our expectations as a society.”
- Rolling Stones: new single Doom and Gloom, review
- Opinions sought, and received / Naim UnitiLite looks like a killer product
- Thread: Balanced cables – worth it?
- LFD Audio / Owner comment: LFD PA2M (SE)
- Opinions sought, and received / Unsatisfied with Esoteric K-01: Alternatives?
- Breaking News: LFD Audio announces the DAC5.
- Revox B750 II integrated amplifier review & test - by Howard Popeck
- An interview with Ms. Nathalie Fougues, senior designer at newly emergent French audio maker Why Not - by Howard Popeck
- Reel to Reel machines inc Akai GX-747, Phillips N4520, Tandberg TD-20A, Technics RS-1500US, Technics RS-1800 and Teac 7300 - by Howard Popeck
- Sugden Masterclass Preamp and Mono Amps test review
- CD player group test / Hi-fi Choice - Audiolab 8200CD, Cyrus CD 6 SE2, Denon DCD-151OAE, Pioneer PD-50, Roksan Kandy K2, Yamaha CD-S700.
- Jeff Rowland / Rowland Research Coherence One 2-box preamp review & test - Howard Popeck
- Krell KMA100 monoblock versus McIntosh
- Roberto Salafia on 19 (so far) responses to a question about isolation platforms for turntables
- Bazdah on STAX DA 100, CA-X, SRA 12s, servicing, atrtitude towards end-users, Audio Research REF75 and 5SE as possible alternatives
- listen on STAX: An owner of a pair of DA-100M power amps talks. Lucky man!
© Copyright Our Listeners Club 2012-2014. All rights reserved.